Radiometic density – / wall thickness profile measurement (Examination of the process behavior in columns)
- Implementation of non-destructive testing
- Test carried out during operation
- Process and state characterization of the column
- Radiometric measurement of the attenuation of gamma rays passing through the column cross-section
- Spotlight: Cesium 137
- detector: scintillation
- Adjustment of the relative vertical position of emitter and detector
- Drive units flexibly mountable
- synchronous movement radiator / detector
- Continuous or step control
- Pulse rate at the detector and the corresponding vertical position provide a pulse-/path diagraph
- pulse rates depending on density, thickness and mass attenuation coefficient
- Location constructive fixtures directly derivable
- variations in thickness (eg material) can be detected by pulse rate differences
- Perform the specific densities of the possible outcomes to distinguishable pulse rate-/elevation
- Testing requires no downtime.
- process parameters (pressure, temperature, composition) do not affect the test performance.
- The manipulation device and the computer-based control and evaluation density-/thickness measurement guarantee reproducible.
- The evaluation software allows direct comparison of density-/thickness measurement at different process conditions.
- The activity of the gamma emitters require radiation protection other special measures, a failure of other radiometric measurement systems in the plant is usually excluded.